Welcome Hunter, Hadley, and Holden

What a day!  Today I was at work and Sarah called me at 1:50 PM in a panic to come up asap b/c her protein level from her 24 hour urine test (which indicates how severe her preeclampsia is) was 3 times the dangerous limit!  I rushed out the door and had to get gas because I was buried on "E."  I stopped at Fred Meyers on Market Street and it took forever, so I went and found a worker in his booth and told him it was an emergency so I needed help!  I got to St. Vincent's at around 3 PM.  I rushed into the hospital and went to Sarah's room where Dr. P was waiting and Sarah was already in her wheelchair.  I gave her a quick kiss and started changing into my OR attire.  I then met Sarah in the OR where she was all prepped and ready.  During her C Section her BP dropped to 60/30 and she passed out.  This was right after Baby B was born.  I was horrified and scared since I know this is very very low!  Hunter was born at 3:33 PM and 5 lb 7 oz and 18 1/2 inches with apgar of 7/9, Hadley born at 3:35 PM and 4 lb 14 oz and 17 3/4 inches with apgar of 8/9, and finally Holden at 3:38 PM and 5 lb 1 oz and 18 3/4 inches with apgar of 8/8. Hunter has blonde hair and Hadley and Holden have brown.  They are all doing great and everyone is amazed how big they are for being 34 weeks!  The neonatologist and our perinatologist told me to tell Sarah how awesome she did growing our trio :)  Sarah is doing ok, she is on iv magnesium for 24 hrs and can't go to the NICU until tomorrow night, so I am going every 3 hours to feed the babies! This is a surreal feeling and I am so thankful that everyone is healthy at this point.  Hayden got to come and see Sarah and me, but not the trio yet.  He was in a great mood (we think he knows how much fun he is going to have with his 2 brothers and sister).  They were in the level III NICU until about midnight and then just all moved to level II and when I left Hunter and Hadley were co-sleeping and they are going to see if they can put Holden in with them.  Hadley ate about 25 ml from a bottle tonight and both boys ate about 5 ml.  They all have NG feeding tubes in so when they tire out, they can give the rest of the feedings through this.  Grandma Cindy, Grandpa Doug, Grandma Nancy, Grandpa Bob, Great-Grandma Gescher, Val, and Hayden come up tonight!  Thanks to all of you, our prayers were answered! 



Hunter

Hadley

Holden

Proud Big Brother Hayden
-Casey

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations everyone you have a beautiful family! Can't wait for more pictures

    ReplyDelete