March 4, 2011

Day 46 in the hospital.  Last night was a huge milestone and memory we will never forget.  Hunter, Hadley, and Holden all drank their entire bottles at the 11 PM feeding.  Today we had our awesome nurse Angie back and we got a lot of things done today.  Hunter also got his NG tube out early morning today.  Then, Holden got his out today too!  So, they are all eating and growing good!  Hunter and Holden got circumcised today, and they did great.  I watched, and I was glad I did so I could help comfort them after they were done.  Hunter fell right asleep, but Holden had a harder time, so we got both of them Tylenol.  Hayden was with Bob and Nancy this morning until my dad took him this afternoon.  We may get to bring Hayden for the first time to see our triplets!  As far as Sarah, she is staying another night to make sure the Labetalol is working even when she is up and about more.  Her swelling is better too, so we are thinking she can discharge tomorrow, then we will stay in the guest housing until we get to take our trio home.  My mom stayed last night and all day today to help out.  She is going to stay again tonight so she can help me move Sarah's things into the guest housing.  Bob, Nancy, and Amy came up tonight.  Amy got to finally meet our trio and got to see Sarah for the 2nd time since Sarah has been here.  I ordered Dominos pizza for us tonight, which brought memories of the ante partum room where Sarah was forever before delivery.  Sarah is still busy pumping every 2-3 hours to make sure our trio gets mostly breast milk, fortified with some formula.  We took an infant CPR class today with another couple that had twin boys born on the same day our trips were born (in fact I remember seeing their twins right next to our trio in the level 3 NICU. 

I decided to "tandem bottle-feed" Hadley and Hunter



Angie, the trips' nurse was phenomenal!


Thanks again for your continued thoughts and prayers.  We finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    -Casey

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! We are all proud of you. Jonah, Jacob and Lucas say welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casey-
    Congratulations! My wife and I are so proud of you and your family. The blog is fantastic. The pictures speaks more than words. You are really blessed. We will continue to follow your blog.

    Geoffrey Mwangi

    ReplyDelete