March 3, 2011

Day 45 in the hospital.  My mom and I stayed in the guest housing and I got the best rest I have since being here.  Hayden stayed with my dad last night.  Sarah was up all night pumping every 2 hours to send the milk to the NICU.  This morning my mom and I went to the triplets 8 AM feeding and Hunter drank around 43 ml, Hadley drank her full bottle (45 ml), and Holden drank 23 ml.  Dr. K said that all 3 triplets are "the healthiest and cutest triplets he has ever seen!"  He is going to trial having Hunter and Hadley's NG tubes out today.  Holden is not far behind.  Dr. M. saw Sarah this morning and they are going to keep her another day, give her more Lasix IV, stop the magnesium, and watch her blood pressures.  After 24 hours of not getting to see the babies, Sarah got to nurse all 3 babies.  Hadley got to get her NG tube out.  The goal is for each baby to eat 400 ml in 24 hours.  They are getting 50 ml each feeding.  If Hadley is not able to eat this full amount, then they will put down the NG tube and give a feeding through this, then take it out.  This will be the same case for the boys.  This afternoon Sarah's headache was bad and her blood pressure was still high, so she was started on Labetalol 200 mg BID.  My mom is staying again tonight to help us, which is really nice.  My mom and I brought Sarah Best Teriyaki food back to her room and ate with her.  Then, we went to the 8 PM feeding and Hadley drank her whole bottle (45 ml) so she still does not have her NG tube in.  Hunter also drank his whole bottle (50 ml).  If he drinks one more full bottle, he can get his NG tube out too!  Holden is close behind.  He drank 16 ml.  Sarah started to feel better tonight. Hayden is at his Grandma and Grandpa Bradford's house. 

Hunter is getting more and more alert every day!

Our tiny Hadley, notice that my thumb is almost as long as her head!
Holden doing "kangaroo care" with Sarah

Sarah holding Holden and Hunter while I was feeding Hadley

Thanks for your prayers,
Casey

1 comment: