January 18, 2011

Grandma Cindy came out to the house today to help me since I'm on bedrest and help with Hayden.  So, I called Dr. P as soon as they opened at 8:30am and his nurse said he wanted to see me today as soon as possible.  So Grandpa Bob took off work early and we dropped off Hayden with him and Grandma Cindy took me up to the Dr.'s office.  When we got there they did an ultrasound and checked the baby's heartbeats, checked the amount of fluid in their sacs and checked to see if they were using their diaphragms to start trying to breathe on there own.  Everything looked great with the babies.  He had the results from my 24 hour urine test and it was 406 which meant that I have mild preeclampsia!  So, since my blood pressure was fluctuating so much at home and I have preeclampsia and I am pregnant with triplets he wanted to admit me to the hospital until the babies are born so that they can monitor me very closely and hopefully keep the preeclampsia under control so we can keep the babies inside until hopefully 34 to 36 weeks.  So, Grandma Cindy and I went to the hospital and I was admitted on to the labor and delivery floor for close observation.  Casey left work early and went home to get me some things I needed... clothes for Hayden and clothes for him.  Casey picked up big brother Hayden from Grandpa Bob's house and picked up Grandpa Doug and they were on their way up to the hospital to see us.  Casey stayed with me tonight and Hayden spent his first night away from mommy and daddy at Grandma Cindy and Grandpa Doug's house.  I was a wreck but Hayden was excited!  I never was able to prepare myself for the fact that at one point during this pregnancy I would have to be away from Hayden for a period of time.  I just keep looking at the amazing outcome (three beautiful babies to complete our family)!

No comments:

Post a Comment