August 23 2010 Today we found out amazing yet life changing news!

We knew we were pregnant and about 9 weeks along and were scheduled for our first ultrasound at 12 weeks.  But, I was havng some wierd things going on (besides me wondering why I was already showing and so extremely sick) so the Dr. had me get an ultrasound and see how things looked.  Casey took off work and met me at the radiology clinic.  The ultrasound tech started the ultrasound and Casey and I looked at eachvother in awe when we saw three sacs on the ultrasound.  The tech confirmed that there are three different babies and all three heartbeats were there and strong.  She stepped out of the room for a bit to let us collect our thoughts (if you could only image the shock that was on our faces! ) We really didn't know what to say, we were excited but scared!  When she finished the ultrasound we had to wait in the waiting room unitl we got to talk to my Dr. over the phone.  My Dr. was just as shocked as I was, but he said that since I have triplets its important to be under the care of an perinatologist since they deal with multiples and high risk pregnancies daily.  So, we were going to meet our new Dr. in a week or so (kinda scary).
Hayden was at Grandma Cindy's.  When we got there, Aunt Katie and Great-Grandma Gescher were there as well.  Ashley came home from work and we told her too.  So, we had them all sit down and showed them the ultrasound..... and their jaws dropped!!! They were excited!  Grandma Nancy left work at lunch and we showed her the ultrasound, and she was shocked, but excited!  We called Grandpa Doug, Grandpa Bob, and Amy first and then the rest of the family!  Many of them didn't believe us at first, but after the initial shock we received lots of offers to help; and support.  We are so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment