April 23-May 1, 2011

This posting involves our triplets' first holiday, Easter!  The day before Easter, Sarah and I took Hayden to his first Easter egg hunt at Scio High School.  He had a blast and ran to all the eggs.  He ended up with a basket full!  We had an awesome Easter and we went to my aunt Michelle and uncle Larry's house with the entire Gescher side (even Chris, Terri, Jeffrey, Jillian, and Paul came).  Then, that evening, Bob and Nancy made us an Easter dinner at our house, which was extremely nice so we did not have to go anywhere.  However, on Monday, April 26, I took Hayden to the pediatrician and he got diagnosed with croup.  They have him a one time dose of Decadron, which was supposed to work for 3 days (usually croup's worst symptoms are in the first 3 days).  They also told me to keep Hayden away from the triplets, so I stayed at my parents' house.  Nancy helped out a ton with the triplets when I was gone.  We can always count on her helping us!  My aunt Michelle helped Sarah for 2 days in a row, and Malia got to help one day.  My aunt Terri and Jeffrey were here all week.  My uncle (soon to be) Chris was here most of the week, besides having to fly out to give some presentations.  Then, on Tuesday, April 26, we took the triplets to their 2 month appointment and their weights and lengths were:
Hunter: 10 lbs 1.5 oz and 22.25 inches
Hadley:8 lbs 9 oz and 21 inches
Holden: 9 lbs 6.5 oz and 21.5 inches
Since they are doing so good, we no longer have to mix formula to add to breast milk! They get to exclusively breastfeed now!  Sarah is an amazing mom and should get "Mom of the Year Award!"
I worked Thursday and Friday this week.  Then, on Friday, Hayden's cough came back and got worse, so the pediatrician decided to put him on Prednisolone for 4 days and also gave us a steroid for his nebulizer to use.  The last 2 times he had croup it turned into bronchiolitis, which he was hospitalized both times for.  We hope he keeps getting better.  We went over to Kyle, Katie, and Olivia's house for Kyle's birthday on April 30th.  Today, May 5th, Sarah is going to my cousin Nicole's baby shower, so my dad is here to help me out. 

Hayden's first Easter egg hunt!

Hayden holding Hunter, Hadley, and Holden


Hunter, Hadley, and Holden

Thanks for all your prayers!
Casey

1 comment: