March 29-April 1, 2011

On Tuesday, March 29th, one of our friends' triplets, Evan, was admitted to the peds ICU for NEC (necrotizing enterocolitis).  We have been praying everyday for him and their family.  We met them through our triplet group and they were right next to our triplets in the NICU.  Please keep them in your prayers.  Their blog is at: http://journeyofatrio.blogspot.com/  We know he will pull through and recover with no problems.  We are looking forward to some awesome triplet play dates and big brother play dates.  They are in the same situation as us.  They have an older son (a little older than Hayden) and their identical triplets are exactly a month older than ours.  Our parents have once again been helping us out.  My aunt Michelle, helped us all day on Tuesday and she plans to from here on out.  She calls it "Triplet Tuesdays."  We are thankful for her help!  My Grandma Gescher knitted some cute hats for the babies.  My Grandma Lulay made us homemade bread, monster cookies, and banana muffins.  We took the triplets to the doctor yesterday (March 31) for their Synagis shots to prevent RSV.  Their weights were amazing yesterday so we no longer have to wake them at night to feed!  We also decreased their kcal from 24 to 22, so we mix 130 ml of breast milk for 1 tsp of Enfacare.  Hunter also has an umbilical hernia, which should resolve by the time he is preschool age.  If not he will need surgery (but hopefully not).  My Grandpa Gescher came home from the hospital and my aunt Terri and uncle Chris got to see our triplets for the first time.
On March 31, 2011 their weights were:
Hunter: 8 lbs 1.5 oz
Hadley 6 lbs 14 oz
Holden 7 lbs 9.5 oz
A little off topic, but I leased one of my mares, Latte, out to a lady in Imbler (Carrie) and she had her foal.  He is a homozygous tobiano colt.  Her website is at: http://www.cjquarterhorsespaints.com/  She is going to sell him too, so if you need a nice colt, contact her.  Here are some pics….







My mare Sarah got me from Montana was in training last year and a stallion at the barn got out and bred her accidentally.  Of course, Anna got pregnant.  However, he was a registered paint, so the lady is going to let me register the foal.  Anna is due April 14, so we will have another "baby."  Hayden will love playing with it.  Anna is going to foal at my Grandpa and Grandma Gescher's house.  She has been at my Grandpa and Grandma Lulay's since last spring (thanks to my Grandpa Lulay for taking care of her and our gelding). 
Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. 
-Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment